25 March 2014

Project Life Tuesday: Week Eleven [Vacation Edition]

Welcome to this week's Project Life Tuesday Post.

For the entire of Week Eleven, we were road-tripping and enjoying life as a complete family unit in Mexico. During the week, I took over 1000 photos. One-thousand. Yeah, I love my camera. Most of those pictures will go into a vacation album I will make; there's no way to even make a weekly Project Life spread with even my favorite photos, because they are all my favorites. I have so few pictures of all of us together, that I really love taking pictures when I get the chance.

For this weeks spread, I drew inspiration from Ali Edward's post about cutting up large photos to use in Project Life. I ordered my two 12"x12" prints from Persnickety Prints. I have used this photo-printing service in the past and I absolutely love them for all my enlargements and large-batch printing (for me, the shipping for my weekly photos would be too high to justify using it every week; for my weekly printing, I use Walgreens). The 12x12 matte prints are on sale right now for $1.99 (regular $2.99). I've also heard that people get large prints from Costco, but I'm not a Costco member.

Anyways, here's this week's full spread:

And a close up of the left side:

I removed the upper corner from the print. I decided that I wanted to use a title card, and I hate pulling out stickers or anything else to make a title. I want my Project Life to be simple. Again, I used a card from the Rain edition of Project Life. The picture itself is just a lucky shot I got of the flora at Parque Morelos.

Here's a close-up of the picture on the right side:

This is a family picture that my sister-in-law snapped of us four, wading in the sea at Ensenada. We took a little day trip down the coast. I absolutely LOVE this photo. I did feel a bit weird cutting it up to fit the Project Life pockets on the page protectors, but overall I am happy that this photo is on display, not being overshadowed by anything else that happened that week. The space between the pockets did bother me a bit, so if you are going to use this method, I suggest only using a landscape photo. This photo encompasses everything I dream of- my family united doing normal family stuff. I removed the bottom corner of the photo and used one of the 4x6 journaling cards from the Rain kit to add a snippet about the week.

I am thrilled with how this week turned out. I love big photos and I am always looking for an opportunity to use them whenever I can.

Project Life is a memory keeping system designed by Becky Higgins. All products are available on Becky's website or on Amazon.com. Feel free to share links to your own Project Life pages in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment