22 April 2014

Project Life Tuesday: My Process

Welcome to Project Life Tuesday. We're just cruising right along with 2014 and I'm loving recording my family happenings weekly versus monthly (what I've done in the past). Today I'm going to walk you through my process of how I put together a spread. I tried to record a vlog, but my phone doesn't like that. Hopefully in the future!

I approach my Project Life a bit differently than most people I think. From what I've seen, most people pick their photos, then their cards, then their page protectors. I only use one kit, so my choice of cards are limited to whatever I find in the Rain core kit cards that I have. I like to limit myself to one kit, rather than mix and match my Project Life kits because I don't want scrapbooking to take a bunch of time. I want to put the spread together and be done with it. That is why I chose to use Project Life. I don't want to spend hours away from my kids on my hobbies, especially when I'm all by myself. Anywho, my first step is choosing a title card for the week (I actually have already done this for the next several weeks and they are all in the album- saving time). With that being said, I pick out which page protectors I'm going to use for the next week.

But how do you know which photos you are going to take? What if they are the wrong direction? Well, I adapt my photos to the page protectors. This helps me limit the time I spend going through my pictures. When the week is over, I go through my photos and I pick them out on my phone, edit, send to Walgreens via Printicular. I pick them up on Monday at the Walgreens down the street from my job. After I pick out my page protectors, I pick out my journaling cards and I do all of the journaling for the week. I hand-write all of my journaling, not because I have awesome penmanship, but because it saves time. I use whatever blue or black gel pen I have laying around, which are multiple. I love blue ink.


Then I slip in my photos last, if I need more journaling space, I cut apart these cards into cute shapes and journal on them, then glue them to my photos. This is the most artistic thing I do. It takes the longest, but I find it serves it's purpose. All of my little doodads serve a purpose of journaling. I don't spend hours embellishing. That is why I chose Project Life. You can still have an awesome album without all of the hard-work.




Now, since Week 16 included Holy Week celebrations and Easter, I decided to add an insert. Instead of buying a pack of specialty page protectors, I made my own for my insert: 
Step 1. Pick out a Design A Becky Higgins Project Life Pocket Page

Step 2.- Cut the page in half, just to the RIGHT of the middle divider line.

Step 3. Add pictures and voila! A 6x12 insert for Easter day. 

Now, a look at the completed spread:
Left Side: 
Front of Easter Insert:
Back of Easter Insert:
And of course, the Right Side:

Well, I hope I've been able to inspire someone to think outside or inside of the box and find a simple way to choose their photos and get them down into books. 

Project Life is a memory keeping system designed by Becky Higgins. All products are available on Becky's website or on Amazon.com. Feel free to share links to your own Project Life pages in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up this week!
    It is so inspiring to see your process. I love all of your beautiful egg pictures.

    ReplyDelete