01 April 2014

Project Life Tuesday: Weeks 12 &13

It's Tuesday again, folks! If you're new here, hello! I'm linked-up at TheMomCreative today, so if you're visiting from there, hello.

On Tuesdays I am sharing my 2014 Project Life pages with the world on my blog. Past Project Life Tuesday posts can be seen here. Since I showed only one week last week, I'm showing two today.

Let's start with Week 12: We drove back from Mexico and got back to life here, sort of. We stopped on the way back from Mexico in Hollywood, and spent a few hours there. It was bittersweet checking off an item from my Bucket List, but I missed Isaias terribly.


We have forever and will always, be Disney Nuts in our household. Hector and I bonded watching "A Goofy Movie" a billion times. It was a treasure to visit Walt Disney's star. Every photo on this page here was taken in California. For the weather, I just took a screenshot from my phone with our current location's weather (Los Angeles). I had the 6x12 photo printed at Persnickety. They are my go-to printers for enlargements. I love their quality work.


This is the right side of the spread- me, at Walt Disney's star. Also on this page is my photo of In-N-Out Burger, a picture of my dog (I accidentally printed it vertically rather than horizontally, but I just popped it in the slot sideways). Since I used the two oversized prints, I didn't have much space for journaling, so I used one of the 6x4 journaling cards from the kit.




Week 12 included an insert. The insert includes me working a NOC shift the day I came back from California. I included the picture of me kissing Isaias goodbye. Then the mom and Cecilia time has started. It seems weird to me to not be including anything that Isaias and Hector are doing, since up until that point, Isaias' face took many of the slots. I find I'm still taking a million pictures however, just more of Cecilia and of myself. 

The back of the insert. Lots of pictures of us enjoying a random sunshine day here. The flowers are in bloom here in Portland. That is a stark difference from Tijuana. In TJ, the flowers are always in bloom. 

Week 13:
We're settling into life without Isaias, as awful and as lonely as it seems. Week 13 was Spring Break for Cecilia, so on my day off, we headed to OMSI. Cecilia also has been taking over the kitchen and honing her baking skills. I came downstairs one evening to discover that she made snickerdoodles all by herself. 

A few of my favorite Project Life things are on this page: cutting up the decorative filler cards as embellishments for the Just Add Color page protectors, and cutting up the Project Life cardstock to use as journaling spots. 


Project Life is a memory keeping system designed by Becky Higgins. All products are available on Becky's website or on Amazon.com. Feel free to share links to your own Project Life pages in the comments below.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love the two 6x12 enlargements too. I also spent a ton of time watching Goofy Movie, it was such a classic!

    ReplyDelete