21 May 2014

Bucket List

Inspired by my friend Krystal, who wrote about her Bucket List, I thought I'd sort of make one, too. I've done a few things, but I still have a long way to go.

  1. Eat margherita pizza in Naples, Italy, a la Eat, Pray, Love:
  2. Walk El Camino de Santiago in Spain. However, my starting point will be Rome, Italy and I will walk from Rome, to Lourdes, France then from there onto Santiago de Compostela, Spain, then continue onto Fatima, Portugal
  3. Visit all of the Northern California Catholic Missions
  4. Visit all of the Baja California Missions, too.

    (If you can't tell by now, I have a thing for old churches!)
  5. Climb Mt. Whitney in Sequoia National Park, California. 
  6. Visit Egypt. Especially the Valley of the Kings. Not many people know, but my first real love in life was Ancient Egypt. I dreamed of being an archaeologist and going on digs in Egypt. To me, all of the splendor and magnificent artwork called my name. I didn't become an archaeologist. But visiting Egypt is still a very real dream of mine. 
  7. Visit Hollywood, California DONE 3/2014.
  8. Visit Yosemite National Park. DONE 06/2009. Yosemite always held a special place in my heart. I had been in love with Yosemite my whole life. I visited with Hector in 2009 and he proposed to me at the Big Trees. 
    Yes, I took this picture. It's probably the best picture I've ever taken!
  9. Move to Mexico. Well, that one is in process right now! DONE 06/16/2014!!!
    Yep, DEFINITELY going to get used to this!
  10. See my children become good Catholics living their called vocations. Cecilia tells me that she wants to be a nun. If that is her true calling from God, I would love for her to follow that path. The same is true for my son. If he were to tell me that he felt called to the priesthood, I would want him to follow that path.
  11. Buy a house in Mexico. I always wanted to retire with Hector in the Yakima valley on some farm somewhere, but since he has a lifetime ban with no chance of a waiver, I had to move my dream home and life to Mexico. That's all right though- what is important is that we are together in old age.
    My dream home would include a center courtyard, big arches, stucco walls, fountains,- yeah, basically, someone buy me a big old hacienda!
  12. I want to learn to sew. And my first big project will be a quilt. 
    Sold here.

  13. Visit Oaxaca, Mexico. Hector actually accomplished this in January of this year; he had to go retrieve some documents from the town of his birth. 
    Look, more churches. Seems to be a theme in my life, doesn't it?

  14. Attend a Xolos game. 
So, right now, those are my life goals. They may change again. But these are the goals that keep coming back to me, no matter what my current interests may be. There are other things I'd love to do as well, but these are the ones that I know will change my life. And I pray every day that I may check them off of the list, eventually.

What's on your bucket list?

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I am constantly adding to, subtracting, and redefining mine. It keeps me alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but you're probably a lot closer to actually reaching some of these goals. Part of me feels like I'm destined to be stuck in TJ forever....

      Delete
    2. You can mark #9 off the list now, slowly but surely baby!

      Delete