08 June 2014

5 Years

Five years ago today, Hector and I said "I do".

Three of those five years, he has been away from me in Mexico.

Last year, I had the weekend off from work, and I did go and visit him. It was a fun weekend where we partied without kids and we both learned that we are way too old to party.
This year again, we are not together, physically. It's painful to be away from your soul mate for so long. Every day of the last three years have been excruciating. It's miserable being apart.

But it's literally one more week. That's it. No more anniversaries apart. No more more Skype calls and no more lonely nights.

Happy anniversary, Love. Next year, we'll be together to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! (Slightly belated) You guys have been through a lot in your years together!

    ReplyDelete