20 June 2014

Hello New Parish

Hello new parish. I've arrived in Tijuana, but the first thing on my mind after getting my son was getting to Church.
Our local parish is Parroquia de la Medalla Milagrosa (Parish of the Miraculous Medal). On Thursday I went down to see it. It's bells are an alarm clock, ringing faithfully at 6:30 every morning. I can see the bell tower and the doors from our house. It might even be closer to me now than St. Peter's was in Portland.
I wanted to stop in and check the times for Mass, and instead I got reminded that it was the Solemnity of Corpus Christi, the Body and Blood of Christ. The church doors were wide open and the Blessed  Sacrament was on display for adoration.
As Catholics, we believe that the bread and wine are truly transformed into the Most Precious Body and Blood of Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit. It is not a representation of Christ; it IS Christ. We are not adoring a representation of Christ, we are adoring and worshipping the Living God among us, Jesus.
We ended up coming back for Mass that evening and it ended with Procession; a beautiful tribute to our Lord where we take Him out and let the world see Him in all of His glory. It was amazing to be in the streets worshipping God. It's a great reminder that we, as Christians need to be worshipping Jesus everywhere, not just in church on Sundays.
I'm settling in well, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment