01 October 2014

26 at 26

I've never really been one to ponder my age. Years and time simply go on- there is no cream or magic spell to make it stop.

However, today I am turning 26. It does strike me as odd that I am 26 and just beginning my adult life. I remember turning 16 and I can't believe it was really ten years ago. My mom threw me a huge Sweet 16 party with a big fancy dress and a DJ and catering... there is not so much pomp and circumstance this year.

This is a list of things that I have done or things I would like to do, and maybe a few things I've noticed about myself.

  1. I would like to learn to sew. Not just clothes, but my real desire is to make a quilt for me to cuddle up in, even though I think it will forever been too hot here in Mexico to do so.
  2. When I was 11, I cut my hand open almost to the bone, and now, 15 years later, I still don't feel part of my hand. 
  3. The reason I scrapbook and take so many pictures is that I have a horrible memory. I can barely remember one moment to the next.
  4. I skipped the third grade and the hardest part was not learning how to write cursive.
  5. I didn't know how to cook or clean until I was over 18 years old. 
  6. My favorite childhood snack was frosting on saltine crackers.
  7. I had an imaginary friend name Rikki. Like Rikki Lake, the talk show host. 
  8. I also had a cat named Rikki.
  9. After my last childhood cat passed away, I have never loved another cat. I am a dog person now.
  10. I learned Spanish by copying dictionaries. I have that kind of natural knack for languages.
  11. My favorite Starbucks drink it a hot chai tea latte. 
  12. I always get the same haircut, and only once a year.
  13. My hair has been dark brown, ash gray, magenta pink, black, royal purple and natural strawberry blonde. My preferred color is black, however I don't think Hector would like that one too much.
  14. Speaking of hair dye, it took 9 bottles to dye my hair the last time. My hair is that thick.
  15. I was in TAG program as a child. I began reading somewhere around the age of three or four and the love of it has never left me.
  16. My favorite animal is a frog. I like tree frogs more than toads, but I like them all pretty much the same.
  17. I tried to write a novel once. Everyone said it was great, but I never sent it to a publisher. I read it now and realize that it was complete crap. I'm glad I never published it.
  18. My biggest fears are bugs and the dark. I'm most afraid of the bugs that come out in the dark.
  19. My favorite colors are dark purple, dark blue, and black. I'm also a big fan of kelly green.
  20. I want to start a business selling chapel veils or chapel caps here in Tijuana and spread my love of veiling. Right now I've been practicing sewing them by hand.
  21. Tillamook Ice Cream is the best ice cream ever made. Although, Ben & Jerry's Chunky Munky is a close second.
  22. The Simpson's live in Springfield, Oregon.
  23. Seattle has been and will always be, our team.
  24. The number one thing I miss most about Oregon (besides my parents because they don't get a number) is rain. I never thought I'd miss the rain.
  25. On my 21st birthday Hector bought me a camera. It was the best gift I've ever gotten, from anyone except the Lord.
  26. I like spice cake with cream cheese icing and apple and walnut filling. My  mom made me one once and it was the best thing I've ever eaten. 
So, there ya go. A little look at me and my life. I guess you could say I'm just your average white girl, but it has taken me a long time to realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment