22 January 2015

I Really Live Here

I was coming home from work the other day when I ended up having to get off from my normal route due to traffic.

This used to scare me. I used to hardly ever drive anywhere I didn't know. I have Google Maps on the home screen of my phone. I like to know my direction, my place in the world, at all times. I have a great of being lost and never being found.

However, I made my way home, without internet, without asking for directions. I simply followed the signs. For the first time in my life, I can get around without help, without someone holding my hand. I can use places in Tijuana as landmarks, I can give petiole directions when they ask. It's just one more barrier in my life I never thought would come down, until it did. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matchfinder has built hundreds of happy families by joining eligible brides and grooms from Oriya community.

    ReplyDelete