27 January 2017

Currently

It's been awhile since I did a post like this. This is really a check-in for myself. I like to look back at the things that occupied my time and mind in the past and compare it to the now. Is it still important? What's changed? What hasn't changed?

Reading: The Fiery Cross, by Diana Gabaldon. It's book number five of the Outlander Series. I found the Starz adaptation of the first book on Netflix and I was instantly hooked. So, my mom gifted me the series for Christmas.

Watching: U.S. Netflix is a little different from Mexico Netflix, but I have managed the first three seasons of Vikings. I've only seen the first few episodes, but this is a binge-worthy show.

Listening: My taste of music in general has changed very little since I was about 12 years old. I have been listening to a lot of techno and house music, since the beats make a good walking rhythm.

Making: I'm going to finish a Christmas-colored double crochet Afghan this year. Hopefully it will be done soon. There's so many more things I want to make, but this project has been one that I've put down and picked back up too many times.

Feeling: Too tired. The walking I've been doing since the cars died in Christmas has been really good for me- I've lost 15lbs. However, a 3.5 mile walk every day before an 8-hour shift is starting to wear on me. I need some good rest days.

Planning: I've got a big week coming up next week. There's a lot going to be going on at home and at work, and I'm trying to figure out how I'll handle both.

Loving: I'm totally in love with Tacos de Pescado and I want to do a blog post soon about this Tijuana street favorite.

Enjoying: Public transportation. I have always enjoyed buses and trains especially. This last month has been a real treat in it's own way. I get all of this spare time to ride around and discover new places, just on my way to work.


The last time I did a post like this I was still in Portland, living there, having yet reunited my family. The woman who wrote that post seems like a ghost almost. If I saw her, I don't think that I should recognize her. So many things are so different. But, I suppose that is the point; Everything changes, but life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment