12 January 2017

Resolutions 2017

Hi everyone. A couple years ago, a fellow Mexico dweller of my acquaintance started a blog hop. We started a monthly post theme, and a link up. Unfortunately, in 2016 so much life got in the way of writing for so many of us that it somewhat fizzled out. Well, it's a new year and we're resurrecting our blog hop back from the clutches of 2016. While I posted about my One Little Word for 2017 already, there are small goals that I've set for myself for this year.

1. Read a book a week, or 52 books. This is something that I am a bit loose on, seeing that I'm 10 days into 2017 and almost finished with my 3rd book. Reading has always been incredibly important to me. For a book to "count" on this list it has to have a few prerequisites. First, it has to have about 300 pages, and has to be a challenge. I prefer historical fiction, but it's not necessary. I just want to be able to read on the bus, and perhaps have the book last more than two days.

2. Write two 500-word posts per week. I love writing challenges. Once upon a time, I wrote fiction and dreamed of being a novelist. Well, my life is quite boring and the inspiration is lacking. Now I dredge through writing prompts on the internet, turning fiction prompts into blog post ideas. I like telling stories, and I want to continue to do that in 2017. I want to be confident in my own story, and feel confident in knowing that it matters.

3. Continue scrapbooking with the Project Life App. Not every story finds its home here on the blog.  My scrapbooks have traveled far with me throughout my life, and they mean very much to me. But, I don't have the time or space for piles of craft supplies. I can just print my pages at the end of the year and put them into an album. It's easier than digital scrapbooking because I don't have to mess with elements or endless .png files. And, as I really liked sharing a weekly post about my December Daily project here on the blog, I think maybe a monthly recap would be a good way to stay up-to-date.

4. Pick my crochet hook up again. This year, I'd like to pick my crochet hook up again. I have a half- finished blanket laying around, and I'd like to attempt a cowl or fingerless gloves. I really like knitting as well, but crochet is so much easier for me. I don't know if I'll be able to finish any wearables, since my experience is about level beanie, but I want to be warm come next December when I'm at work in the late evenings.

So, those are a few goals I've set for myself this year. I hope to maybe do a quarterly check-in here on the blog, simply to keep myself accountable with each of these goals. Please visit the link-up and leave your SOTB resolutions. I can't wait to see what everyone is up to.

1 comment:

  1. Love your goals and are realistic enough to achieve!

    ReplyDelete